I love finding new recipes to try and make for the family. I spend countless hours on Foodgawker looking at all the delicious foods other bloggers make, so when I came across this recipe over at The Hungry Housewife I knew I had to try it. It was definitely something different and turned out really good. The kids enjoyed it and so did the hubby, so thought I'd share it with you as well.
Honey Mustard Chicken Pasta
Source: Adapted from The Hungry Housewife
1 1/2 pounds boneless/skinless chicken breast, cubed
2 tablespoons Olive Oil, divided
1 pint Portobello mushrooms, sliced thin
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 16oz. Honey Mustard Salad Dressing
1 14.5 oz can of chicken gravy
3/4 cup Half and half or whole milk
Salt and pepper
1/4 cup chives, minced
1 16 oz box of your favourite pasta, cooked (I used Bow Tie Pasta)
1. Season cubed chicken breast liberally with salt and pepper.
2. Over medium high heat, preheat a large skillet.
3. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil.
4. Add the chicken and cook until no longer pink in the middle, about 6-8 minutes.
5. Remove the chicken and place it in a bowl and cover to keep warm.
6. Add the other tablespoon of olive oil to the same skillet, heated to medium high.
7. Add the mushrooms and sauté for about 5 minutes.
8. Add the garlic and sauté for another one minute.
9. Mix in the honey mustard dressing, chicken gravy and half and half.
10. Stir to incorporate and cook for a few minutes until the sauce thickens.
11. Stir in the chives, chicken and pasta.
12. Season with salt and pepper to your liking.